Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Love One Another

The Greek language uses two different words to describe and define love. The most commonly used Greek word translated "love" in the New Testament is "agape." This love is represented by God's love for us. It is a non-partial, sacrificial, i.e. giving.

John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

An example of Agape love is given by:
John 3:16
"For God so loved (agape) the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

In contrast, human love is usually conditional and based upon how other people behave toward us.  The Greek word "phileo" defines this: to love, to approve of, to like, to treat affectionately or kindly, to welcome, befriend.  So we define Phileo as our emotional love, infatuation, fleeting, based on mutually pleasing and is focused solely on what you are given, no concept of giving.  Agape love gives and sacrifices expecting nothing back in return. 

We defined 4 components of love as: Commitment, Connection, Giving, Passion.
Here we can see that the term Phileo is the total love Agape minus the giving.
So some types of love that can be defined are
True Marital Love - Commitment, Connection, Giving, Passion
Christian Brotherly Love - Commitment, Connection, Giving
Agape - Commitment, Connection, Giving 
Phileo  - Commitment, Connection
Common Marital - Commitment, Connection, Passion

God warns us about Passion alone as it weakens the total if practiced alone. And out of wedlock it is defined as fornication or adultery.

So the underlying theme of what God seems to be trying to get out of is is to make us pure in the way we treat each other.  This is similar to how water is distilled for purity.  The many house cleanings of the Israelis perhaps can be viewed as that.  It seems God is using ideas we often associates with Darwin, to purify his flock. The big question is when is he done? 

If you take today in the US we are clearly not pure as a whole.  But how many will he taken from here.  Based on what I see very few.  Our churches are filled like movie theaters.  Head count being more important than soul count.  The church teaches hypocrisy, uses fear to motivate, judges, and condemns. This is not what Christ intended. 

In the parable of the mustard seed it tells off a plant that over grows quickly like a weed.  Outgrowing it's intended purpose and refers to birds nesting on the tops.  But in Daniel it states these plants are not desirable for birds to nest.  So it has been suggested that the birds represent the infiltration of the church with false doctrine, as well as Gentiles seeking refuge with Israel.  I believe that the freemasons are a cult founded with the spirit of goodness, but due to secrecy, idolatry, and human nature has become a powerful tool for Satan.  God has shown me these things so vividly in my life in a way I cannot deny them.

But regardless of my persecution I know I must love each and every one of my enemies.  Even if they seek to destroy me.  I pondered for a long time, why me.  I think I understand.  I was about as wrapped up in worldly behavior as one could be.  God has shown his power in pulling me back.  He knows my heart and knows I do not hate.  But have made mistakes out of fear and lack of understanding.  Thank you God for Christ and the gift of Grace.  I perhaps have been his example to to the world.  Hopefully I will bring it home and complete the work God gave me to do.  Additionally I knew of events that actually initiated the ramp up of the fear-hate-terror cycle that lead to where we are today.  If I had spoken up then perhaps 9/11 would never have happened.  This may be my punishment for keeping quiet.


No comments:

Post a Comment