Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

God's Gift of German Engineering and a Rock

I feel confident that the car I was driving was blessed the night of Sept 14 2010. Around Midnight I fell asleep a the wheel not more than a mile from home.  The road turned but I failed to, and I dropped off the road.  I awoke at that point as I was squarely striking a rock about the size of the engine. The car pushed it for many feet through the dirt until the cross street pavement stopped its forward motion.  That abrupt stop caused the car to flip end over and land in the middle of the road.  It continued spinnut it could not have been given my final position was in the road.  I feel that the rock and the reliability of Porsche safety equipment are the two gifts from God that saved my life.  If any of the safety equipment had failed to work I would not have made it.  The seatbelt which I had to release to drop down and get out, as I was upside down.  The Airbag that was blown. The popup roll cage,  Which was essential as the front driver side was collapsing.  And the structural elements that kept my legs from being mangled by the rock that pushed through the boot(trunk) area.  That caused and end over flip vs just letting the rock keep  plowing into the car passenger area.  The car was a 2001 Porsche 911 Cabriolet.  I can't afford them any more but they are in my biased opinion the safest cars on the road.
This was a 2001 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (Convertible)

Driver Side 


I walked away thanks to God

No comments:

Post a Comment